benefits of coaching
making the most of your life
- With a coach you set clear goals that inspire you to move forward in a positive and purposeful way.
- A coach helps you to remove barriers, such as fear and insecurity, which are stopping you from being who you want to be in the world.
- Coaching will teach you new ways of thinking and resolving issues in order to get better results.
find focus and direction
- Taking responsibility for your actions and being held accountable, will encourage you to improve and make the changes you commit to.
- You will have a clear sense of your future vision and believe that it is possible to achieve it by focusing on what you want.
- The effort and investment you put into you will lead to greater self-belief and a clearer mind.
time for you
- Dedicated time to focus on your dreams and ambitions in a safe environment, with someone who is objective, compassionate and supportive.
- With confidence and practise, you will become more comfortable investing in yourself and you will develop a greater quality of life in the process.
- Through increased self worth, you develop a healthier relationship with yourself based on acceptance and happiness.
- A greater self-awareness will reward you with personal fulfilment, success and a deep sense of achievement.
- Coaching gives you the momentum to seek new opportunities and helps you to experience change easier.
- The changes you will make to your behaviour and thoughts can be life changing and will become habitual and easier over time.
frequently asked questions
Life coaching is a professional relationship between a coach and you, based on a series of conversations that will enable you to improve several areas of your life. Together you will set realistic goals and tasks, which will empower you to take action and achieve results with confidence, motivation and self-belief. You will work on identifying and eliminating obstacles and challenges, allowing you to become the person you want to be and live the life you really want. Your coach will give you the support, guidance and encouragement you need as you work through this process.
No. A therapist or counsellor will look at your past to formulate specific solutions to a particular problem. Coaching is a proactive process, which focuses on where you are at present and enabling you to move forward.
No. A mentor will generally act as a guide, teaching someone a particular task or skill-set, drawing on his or her own experience. Coaching is based on you finding your own answers and not on your coach giving advice. In fact, they may have little or no experience in the areas they coach you therefore, allowing them to be completely objective.
No. A coach will not instruct you to go and do something specific, as this would be taking responsibility and therefore power, away from you. Coaching is based on the principle that an individual is ultimately responsible for their lives and the results they are getting.
Having supportive friends and family is invaluable but these people often offer advice that is clouded by their own wishes or problems. A coach is completely objective, is not emotionally attached to you and does not have a hidden agenda for you.
Your coach will listen to your ambitions and dreams, remaining non-critical and non-judgemental, challenging you to take control of your life and guide you in achieving your full potential. They will ask questions to draw out the amazing abilities that you have, as well as providing you with the tools, support and structure to accomplish more than you are at present.
Your coach will enable you to discover where you want to be and support you in getting there faster than you would on your own. They will encourage you to rise to challenges, overcome obstacles and get into action.
Your coach will encourage you to find your own answers and solutions allowing you to take responsibility of your own personal development. They will act as a catalyst to enable you to identify what you want and help you to find the tools and skills to get it. They will believe in you and help you to convert your dreams into reality and self-doubt into self-belief.
They will want you to be committed to the coaching process, which means calling in for a session on time, keeping any agreements you make during sessions and sending any forms back promptly and complete.
You need to be open to the potential of coaching, which means contributing to conversations honestly and openly. If something isn’t working or you know why a problem is occurring then your coach needs to know.
You need to work in partnership with your coach and be willing to try new methods that your coach may suggest, be prepared to work on all areas of your life and to step outside your comfort zone into an achievement zone.
Coaching with me can be conducted by telephone or Skype eliminating travelling time and cost. Sessions take place at fortnightly intervals lasting 1 hour.
If you prefer to have the first session face-to-face, that can be arranged. Face-to-face sessions normally take place in a quiet café or hotel lobby (within a reasonable distance from South East London). Please note that face-to-face sessions incur an extra cost due to travelling time and expenses.
You will have six x 1-hour telephone coaching sessions with me, held fortnightly.
You telephone me on a landline number, which you will be provided with, at the agreed time.
In between sessions you will carry out actions agreed and practice applying what you have learned.
I will provide email support when required and check in with you to see how you are getting on.
Before each session I will email you a client preparation form to complete and return to me 24hrs before our next session. This will give me an idea of how you have been getting on, as well as informing me of what you would like to focus on in the session.
Follow up notes
After each call I will email you a su
- Increased resilience to help you overcome setbacks more quickly.
- A sense of your true self and what you need to do to be that person.
- A better-managed mind and greater self-belief.
- You will have defined values, beliefs and personal boundaries.
- Awareness of the obstacles that hold you back and what you do to sabotage your success.
- You will have a clear future vision and know how to achieve it.
Telephone coaching is efficient and convenient because there is no travelling involved, which is great if you value your time, and it gives you the opportunity to relax and open up in the comfort of your own home. Sessions could even take place at work during your lunch break making it easy to squeeze into your schedule.
This depends on what you want to achieve through coaching. Some goals can be met after one session. I ask clients to commit to an initial three months (2 sessions per month) because several months of supported change can result in life-changing improvements.
Change in one area of your life can create a domino effect into other areas therefore, some clients continue coaching sessions periodically or on a long basis.
Coaching is an investment in you, your own personal development and living your life in line with what brings you happiness and success. It can bring lasting changes and long-term benefits not only to you, but also your family. On these grounds alone, surely having your own coach is a necessity rather than a luxury!